Careers at Peacock Engineering
New Vacancy 07/21 - Support Consultant
Responsible for receiving, troubleshooting/diagnosing/triaging and working to resolve 1st and 2nd line support queries from PEL’s client base relating to application support of the IBM Maximo software product, using previously-gained extensive knowledge and experience of the IBM Maximo product and its underlying technologies and platforms (such as the IBM WebSphere JVM platform and webserver, SQL database and server OS).
Reporting to: Support Manager
Location: Leeds, Bristol or Little Chalfont
Remuneration: £18,768 to £46,356, dependent on experience
How to apply: Please use the ‘Join the Peacock Engineering Team’ form below to send us your CV
- To receive, troubleshoot/diagnose/triage and work to resolution 1st and 2nd line support queries from PEL’s client base relating to application support of the IBM Maximo software product, using previously-gained extensive knowledge and experience of the IBM Maximo product and its underlying technologies and platforms (such as the IBM WebSphere JVM platform and webserver, SQL database and server OS).
- To resolve within own initial involvement where possible, or escalate to 3rd line where necessary, including details of all actions, logs taken, triaging undertaken and potential root causal factor identification.
- To log, prioritise and correctly process incoming issues through the ticketing system (IBM Maximo), adhering to contracted response and resolution times within the pre-determined service levels of the SLAs operated with clients.
- To own and maintain personable working relationships with customers based on trust and customer perceived values of service and technical expertise.
- To keep in continuing contact with the customers regarding open tickets and issues and to provide updates and feedback for the duration of open cases, providing Maximo expertise and advice as and when required.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Required:
Experience working with the IBM Maximo software product within the following capacities:
- Application Support for IBM Maximo, or
- Configuration or development work involving IBM Maximo, or
- Consulting services on IBM Maximo
- Valid and recent IBM Maximo qualification/certification: IBM Maximo 7.6 Functional Analyst certification preferred but will consider earlier version certifications if candidate can provide demonstrable practical experience working with IBM Maximo.
- Ability to triage and diagnose faults and problems effectively and quickly and employ a structured methodological approach to fault finding. Predisposition to personally own incidents and tickets until resolution, and to learn from others when escalating to different competencies rather than to simply pass across outside primary field of personal competence. Ability to effortlessly and effectively simulate, quantify and investigate reported issues in non-live environments in order to triage effectively.
- Ability to work with complete autonomy once tasks have been allocated and briefed through daily stand up meetings.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Desired:
- Experience working helpdesk or support desk an advantage but not essential as it is considered more important for this role that the specific technical skills required to be successful in this position could be covered.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact and communicate with clients in the course of diagnosing and resolving their incidents and issues: a viewpoint empathic to client considerations is essential.
- Experience within the field of Application Support would be very advantageous; experience supporting any bespoke web-based application which utilises a backend database and application/web servers would be of interest. Experience with SQL querying to triage and fix in the backend database an advantage. Java/J2EE, IBM WebSphere or Apache Tomcat, and relational database experience in SQL, Oracle or DB2 advantageous.
- Experience supporting or working with mobile device, iOS or Android applications in commercial application, and experience with mobility application backend platforms such as IBM Mobile First would be of considerable interest. Mobile Device Management software experience a distinct advantage. Working in a Support or Application Support role closely together with a mobile app dev team an advantage.
- General IT and networking/OS skills are essential: Active Directory, Windows Server, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SSL, SNMP, VMWare, SQL Studio etc.
Due to considerable amounts of virtual working and interaction with colleagues in different physical locations within both the UK and internationally, it is essential that the successful applicant has the drive and ethic to succeed working in small teams physically but in larger efforts virtually. Self-drive to communicate constantly using web collaboration and video conferencing is essential.
Peacock Engineering is one of the UK’s leading experts in IBM Maximo, mobile and scheduling solutions, and is a Government approved provider.
Our team has a combined experience of over 250 man-years of Maximo implementation.
Peacock Engineering’s Operations Team has an extensive skillset. We are always interested to hear from individuals experienced in the following areas:
Technical Services Specialists
- IT Service Change
- Management in TRSM
- Solution Architect
- Integration Specification and Design Management
- Data Migration
- Omnibus, Netcool and Tivoli Directory Integrator
- BIRT Reporting
- IBM Cognos
- Selenium Testing Framework
- IBM Maximo V6, V7, V7.5 and V7.6
- Maximo Integration Framework/MEA and IBM Integration Bus
- SQL, XML, Web Services, Shell Scripts (Win/UNIX)
- Oracle, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server Database
- IBM Wepshere and Oracle Weblogic application servers
- BIRT Reporting
Specialist Mobile App Developers
- Maximo Mobile
- BEA WebLogic and DB2/Oracle/SQL Server
- Data Migration
- Agile Methodology
- IBM MobileFirst, Android SDK, Xcode
- IBM Certified Mobile Application Developer
- Solution Architecture
- Implementation and Configuration of Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
- Maximo Integration
- Infrastructure Design and Deployment
- Certified Click/IMRS Implementer
- Syclo Smart Work Manager for Maximo professional
- Data management using SQL Server, Oracle Server
- Data Loading using MxLoader tools
- Maximo 6.2 – 7.6
- Click Field Service Edge
- Syclo Agentry
- Cognos Reporting
- Mobile Device Management
- Fingertip Mobile
- Problem identification, simulation, triage and diagnostic
- Identify and Ascertain root cause factors
- SLA of varying service levels
Joining the Peacock Engineering Team
We are always keen to hear from anyone who is involved with leading-edge technology in EAM solutions.
In the first instance please send your CV together with a covering letter using the form below. Please note that all fields are required.